Getting Work Visa As A Musician Coming To Australia
July 17, 20140 comments
Are you a musician that’s been contemplating about working and performing in Australia? Well in order for you to do so, you will need to apply for an Australian Entertainment Visa.
Requirements for applying for a Entertainment Visa
In order to apply for an entertainment visa, you need to fall under one of the following categories:
- A performer who doesn’t participate in films or television-(musician).
- Production role
- Support staff for an entertainer.
- Performer who participates in films and or television.
- Non-profit engagements.
- Documentary producers who wishes to market outside of Australia.
How long does the visa last ?
The Visa can last anywhere from 15 days to 2 years. This will be dependent upon how long you wish to work as a musician in Australia.
How long does the process take ?
It will take approximately 2-3 months before your Visa application has been processed. It’s important to know that you’ll need to do a few things to ensure that your Visa gets approved.
What Do You Need To Acquire An Entertainment Visa ?
If you wish to work as a musician in Australia, there’s a wide variety of steps that you need to complete before you can submit a visa application:
In order for you to work as a musician in Australia you need someone to sponsor you during your stay in Australia. Your sponsor will be responsible for submitting:
- A 140S form
- A 1420N Nomination Form detailing the type of entertainment activity that you will be participating in.
Along with acquiring a sponsor and having them filling out and submitting the necessary forms, you will be required to provide:
- A copy of the contract between you and the sponsor.
- A copy of your qualifications.
- Plane itinerary
- Accommodation details
- Residential address that you will be staying at, once you’re in Australia.
- Copy of your passport.
- Proof of your health insurance policy.
- Completion of a 14 page Entertainment Visa application
It’s of the utmost importance that you avoid making a mistake while completing the necessary forms to acquire the Visa. Because by doing so, you run the chances of having your application delayed or in most cases denied.
Best Way To Complete The Application ?
It’s highly recommended that you utilize Australian based migration agents / migration consultants like Hunt Migration, Australia’s leading immigration law firm .
What are migration agents / migration consultants ?
They are certified professionals that are familiarized with the migration process pertaining to Australia’s complex regulations and requirements. They can prove to be extremely useful when it comes to completing the necessary forms that you will need to submit.
Be the first to write a comment.